Olinda Teahouse

The week wouldn't be complete without me giving a little review for a place we love. It's probably the one place that Bella and I missed and discussed the most, during lockdown. It sounds like it's going to serve scones and tea but don't let it fool you. As you can see from the photos, it is not that at all and takes its inspiration for its cuisine and architecture from Asia. I'm going to be honest, I took my two very Aussie sons there and it didn't go down too well because there's no pasta, steak or parmigana on the menu. Lesson learned! The next time I took my adopted son who loves Chinese food and it was a big hit. If you want dumplings that are so soft they melt into your tongue and hardly require chewing, and main meals that are exceptionally flavoured to a particular pallet, this is your place. Ian and I shared the pork belly and lamb fillet with jasmine rice and ended up with a doggy bag for the freezer. This place is not cheap but where food is concerned, you definitely get what you pay for :)

p.s. This place is in the Dandenong Ranges and there are lots of lovely gardens and parks nearby for walks. It is vegan-friendly.

















Comments

Popular Posts